The Alta Planning Commission will hold a public hearing during its regular meeting on June 26th at 3 PM on a package of amendments to the Town of Alta zoning ordinance. These amendments have been in development since 2016. A summary of the ordinance sections to be revised can be found here, and the full text of the amendments can be found here.
The Town has worked with the Salt Lake County Elections Office to install a dedicated ballot drop box in the Town of Alta Contract Post Office. While you may still mail your ballot through U.S. mail, you may also choose to drop your completed, signed ballot in the stainless-steel drop box affixed to the east wall of the Alta Post Office lobby. This ballot drop box can only be opened by Salt Lake County Elections Office staff, and using it will be a safe and reliable method of ensuring that your completed ballots are counted. If you are a registered voter in Alta, you will receive a ballot in your P.O. box beginning the week of June 4th, 2018.
Please see the following information on UDOT’s upcoming paving project on the Little Cottonwood Canyon Road:
UDOT plans to renovate SR-210 (Little Cottonwood Canyon) from SR-209 to the top of the canyon. Construction is scheduled to begin in early June and is expected to continue through September.*
This project will resurface the roadway and replace various sections of rolled gutter. By completing this project UDOT is able to preserve Utah’s infrastructure by applying cost effective treatments before major rehabilitation is required.
– Most construction activities will take place between 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday (with occasional weekend work).
– Expect one-way traffic and stopped traffic during construction work hours.
– Cyclists are restricted during construction work hours.
Residents, business and commuters can expect one-way traffic restrictions, construction equipment in the area, and an increase in noise, dust, and vibration.
Construction Activities: May 29 – June 1
*Construction schedules are subject to change due to utility, material, weather and equipment delays.
– Beginning Tuesday, May 29 crews will begin to lower the utility access covers in the roadway in preparation for paving operations. This activity will start on the Alta Bypass Road and then progress down the canyon through mid-June.
-Motorists can expect one-way traffic near construction operations.
-Cyclists are restricted in the canyon between 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
– Paving operations are expected to begin as early as June 18 and continue through August. *
– Various lane shifts and lane closures will take place. Please be alert and follow the traffic changes when traveling through the construction zone.
Pedestrians and Cyclists
Pedestrians and cyclists are restricted between 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
-Sign up for project emails to stay up-to-date on construction progress, details and impacts by emailing email@example.com with “LCC Paving” in the subject line.
Note: If you wish to stop receiving email updates, reply to this email with “Remove from LCC Paving Email List.”
Public Information Manager